Friday, June 15, 2007

The Last Month



My life is always crazy. I have three children, Toph(4), Creedance(3), T.J.(13 months). T.j. my youngest has been making sure our lives stay really busy as of late. My husband Tyler works for Jenkins Glass as a full time Glazier. He tends to lots of side job things to. He puts windows in for friends and family. He also uses his degree in photography and does weddings and family portraits occasionally for anyone that asks. He has to have time to which always seems to be something we run out of.

Tyler Junior(T.j.)
T.J. was born with an abnormality, called fibula hemimilia. His leg on the right side was shorter than the one on the left and the foot was not fully formed. (He only had three toes and was missing a major ankle bone). So last month we had his little foot amputated (and yes it was only the foot, not part of the leg). He seemed to fly through the surgery well, even better than when he had his tonsils and adenoids taken out the month before. He loved playing at the hospital, but soon hated to have to go back to his room. We brought him home a couple of days after the surgery, hoping all would go well and that we would be going back soon for a prosthetic. A week and a half after the surgery T.J.'s stump became infected and after an emergency room trip he was hospitalized for a couple of days. He was released and we were hoping all would go well again. Instead we started having problems with his I.V. The nurses thought it would be best to run a pic line (a type of I.V. that goes closer to the heart and does not go bad as easily) Tyler and I didn't really feel good about this, so we drove down to Shriner's to see what the doctor there thought. Thankfully he decided to just put T.J. on oral antibiotics.(YEAH!!!!!!) Tyler's parents and I took T.J. down for another check up yesterday hoping that we would not have to remove part of the i guess you would call scab because it was turning a funny color. But, yeah, again the doctors down there hope that it will fall of on it's own and that all will be well. We go back again in 2 weeks to see if his stump will be ready for a prosthetic.
We have been very blessed that things have gone fairly well though. It always could have been worse. And the lord has blessed us with friends and family that always seem to be there to help with the kids, meals, and even the ones that have helped me by actually looking at T.J.'s stump, which usually isn't very fun for anyone. Especially for the family that looked at it and sent us to the E.R. when it got badly infected, they had forgot to bring a meal on the right day but the Lord was directing them to, because they came the day we needed them to otherwise we would have never known to take him into the E.R..
Christopher(Toph)

My other two children and myself have been struggling with all of the changes and trauma, but I hope things will start getting better and hope that life will be fun for them since they are so young. Tyler and I took them out to lunch today to the Burger King with a ball pit and they loved it! They were actually happy and pleasant the whole time!!!! Which must mean things are getting better already. I'm hoping that both of them will get to do something fun this summer. I'm hoping they will get to take swimming lessons at the local swimming pool in the next couple of weeks. They both enjoyed dancing at the studio were I teach, but only Creedance will be dancing next year and we hope she will continue to like it. I'm hoping that Toph will be able to attend pre-school come fall, but I need to get the paperwork and money in, which so far has not happened but will hopefully happen soon.

Creedance

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Your kids are seriously the cutest kids I have EVER seen. (Yes, even cuter than mine!!!) Man! They are so photogenic, too. (Could this be Daddy's influence from being a photographer?) Jess, I am so amazed at what an amazing mother you are tho these three beautiful children! You have such an amazing...what would the word be...GOD GIVEN GIFT!!! I look up to you so much, you are still the best influence on me that I will ever have, and when I think I'm having a bad day and I just want to break down, throw my hands up and run, I remember how strong you are and all that you have been through. I love you, jess!

Natalie said...

uh, sorry. I meant to say "to these three beautiful children." not tho. ;) I think I need to go to bed!

Jess said...

Hey sometimes i want to throw up my hands and run to but it only last a little while. After i have slept i usually feel a little better. Yah, Tyler is pretty good at taking pic's and making sure we get the "cute" pictures saved.