Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pearson has RSV!!!

So last Monday(8th) I took Pearson in to the doctor, he had an ear infection and maybe a slight cold.
We start antibiotics, Pearson sleeps a little bit better for a couple of nights but i still think 6 times a night is to many!


Friday night once we have reached my parents cabin.(Yes we went to play!!!!!) Pearson starts coughing a lot harder and it doesn't sound good. I think well they told me had a cold he'll be just fine. So we stay up there and the kids go sledding and on Sunday we go to church in West Yellowstone. But every time my mom holds the baby she tells me i need to take him back in he sounds horrible.
I'm still thinking they told me it was just a cold and i hate being embarrassed at the doctors office but if she still thinks i should take him when we get back i will. Well we decided to leave a little early from the cabin Monday. Pearson screamed and was not a happy camper on the way home, I even stopped twice to feed him, change him and play with him and he still screamed and coughed and did not sound good.
So i decided to call the doctors office assuming that it would not be open since it was President's Day. So when they answered i was a little surprised. They only had one doctor in but when i told them he was sick they said they would squeeze me in, but it would be quite a wait!! So I decided if we are going to have to wait i didn't want to take all 4 kids with me.
Enter my very awesome mother-in-law who not only watched the other kids but came to my house to do so!
So I'm stressing myself out that I'm taking Pearson to the doctors and they are squeezing me in and that the doctor will look at him and say, "He has a cold!!". Well we wait an hour and a half and finally get into a room were Pearson begins his screaming coughing routine very, very loudly!!!!
After we wait another half an hour the doctor comes in(I'm not upset because i knew we were going to have to wait). He looks at him and says that is a real bad cough, so after looking him over he says that Pearson has RSV!!!!!
This freaks me out because you hear about all those babies that have died from this. Since Pearson is over 6 month(whew!) and seems like he is still breathing alright on his own, he shows me how to break the mucus up in his lungs, gives us albuterol to help his airways and says bring him back if he doesn't start to get better in a couple of days!!
The albuterol has been awesome he doesn't sound so bad when he sleeps, but I'm still a little stressed. I decided not to teach dance today and got substitutes for my classes(a first for me this dance year!!!!!) Now we just have to focus on getting him better, oh and hope my sister-in-law will not hate me forever for exposing her little boy to it! I'm soooooo sorry Kim!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh and i thought i better throw this pic of topher with his snowman before i forgot he loved making this.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh no!! I hope little Pearson gets better soon! There's a girl in my ward who's son has RSV too. It sounds horrible--I'm sorry you guys are dealing with it!! We'll keep Pearson in our prayers (and the rest of the family too).

Beckie said...

SAd Baby-- I hope he feels better soon-- no fun!!

Emily said...

haha--I just clicked on topher's pic. to make it bigger and realized the snowman's eyes are strawberries! LOL-that made us laugh. I love it!!