Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Canning

So this Year i got 2 boxes of peaches and 5 of pears!!! I am not sure what i was thinking about getting 5 boxes of pears but Holy cow i must have been crazy or not quite understood that they all would be ready at the same time and that i would be doing them all by myself!!!! Well here they are!!! Atleast most of them i am missing 7 jars of Pear halves!(and 7 jars of jam that were being water bathed at time of photo)
A very few where ready on saturday and they did not make it in the picture!!! Oh and none of the peaches are in the picture i canned them on saturday too! But my wonderful mother-in-law came and helped me and things didn't seem so bad on Saturday!
And here is what put me in tears yesterday. Remember that i am pregnant and emotional and after a whole day of canning and standing and running, i ended up having pears left over. I was going to make more jam but ran out of pectin and couldn't find anymore at the store! So i cried and put the rest of the pears in the fridge and have been hoping they will disappear, or that after teaching dance today i might find some reserve energy and be able to pull off something with them! I only have a couple jars left and am not certain i have any energy left!
I do enjoy canning but think i might have overdone it while pregnant. I have also canned salsa and pickles. And have done freezer corn! oh and there might be more crying and complaining because i have a lot more tomatoes, and probably more cucumbers that i have to do something with. Oh and i am crazy because i told my mother-in-law that i really wanted strawberries this year for jam. And lo and behold she ended up finding some this late in the season so me and my strawberries will have a good old time too!!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! You totally rock. That canning stuff is a lot of work. Great, healthy, and tasty, but seriously time-consuming.

Beckie said...

Ooh my- you are like super women-- !

Jodi said...

Oh, I'm sad that I had to go to work and was not able to help you. It would have made things much better, I think! You are wonder woman!!